Find

Friday 9 January 2015

Reading Terminal Market Philadelphia

To any first time visitor of Philadelphia I would advise to include Reading Terminal Market as a destination. The market boasts a huge array of food and beverage choices and basically embodies my understanding of the quintessential Philly foodie vibe.

The first time I visited Philly was for a week in 2011. My sister was had been married at the Market the year before on Valentines day believe it or not! I asked her to take me there to see the place out of curiosity, but regardless she said it was already on the itinerary. Boy was I glad it was :-)  

Now I have visited the market several times, yet every time still feels like the first time. I still feel as though I am discovering a secret world of food adventures. A place where everything is made in a special way and is there only for you to enjoy. I will admit that this little know secret vibe should be attributed to the fact that I was always visiting the market on a weekday. The last time that I was there, which also happened to be husband's first visit was finally on a weekend. 

To all the aforementioned trip planners, here is another tip: Try not to go on the weekend if at all possible. We did still enjoy our visit of course. The food and coffee is just as good as always but it was a very hectic atmosphere especially since we had my sister's large double stroller with us.

But let me be straight, since discovering the doughnuts at Beiler’s Donuts, they have been one of the main reasons for my visits. Their doughnuts are better than crack, or so I think. I mean why would I try crack when I have these doughnuts? Also by buying these you are supporting the local Pennsylvania 
Dutch Community. Oh and I love that they are made onsite right in front of you, as you can see from the pics below!






Here we all are enjoying our delicious treats!







 Did you notice my poor little Natty in the stroller desperately trying to get in on the action?? AHahaha that is too funny, take a closer look here. 






And just one more!


These two crack me up!

Ok but besides from this incredible shop, just take a look at some of the other beautiful treats on offer.







But you know it's not all just chocolate and doughnuts, the Market has all sorts of options including American Fare, Chinese, Italian, fresh groceries, Pennsylvania Dutch organic goods, etc. Last time I was there I got a shoe shine, the time before that we got cowbells, before that I browsed vintage hard covers and records, the time before that I ate cheesy bakes ziti. Heck, they even do weddings! The possibilities seem endless, so I am sure I will be back many times before we leave the states in April :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment