Find

Wednesday 21 January 2015

Dabbling in Watercolours

You may remember when I was in Baltimore I wrote about finding a little art store and stocking up on watercolour paints. That was more than a month ago now and I have to say I am very happy with my investment. 

Usually I tend to get very excited about starting a new project and spend lots of time thinking about it and even planning only to give up on it shortly after starting. It's not that I am fickle or easily bored, I mean I can find entertainment in very simple things for hours. The problem is that often the actual activity does not live up to the expectations I created. Also just because you want to like something doesn't mean that you will. 

However so far I have really enjoyed playing with these paints. I have to call it playing since unfortunately it turns out I am not an undiscovered genius artist. At the same time the enjoyment and relaxation that I have gotten out of these paints is priceless, so I am very glad I bought them.

I guess the point of this post is that if you have a bit of a curious desire to start a new hobby or activity don't be deterred. Don't worry if you are a habitual hobby starter who can't seem to follow them through. I think this is just pent up creative energy that is looking for an outlet. And who knows, maybe this will be the hobby you finally stick to ;-)

Here is some of my dabbling so far. There is a lot of room for improvement, which means more painting for me, yay!











4 comments:

  1. I like the first one! And the goldfish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flowers - the first painting! You have a great eye for colors!

    Came across a quote last night " the most important class you can take is technique. You learn it through endless repetition. until it belongs to you."

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margo for the lovely quote, it really is in the spirit of what I am trying to convey here. Just keep at it :-)

      Delete